Pages

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Happy Anniversary.....Alcohol Ink style!

Hey there. I made this card for my neighbor's 14th Anniversary. I have always loved the emboss resist technique and so I thought I would try it with alcohol inks. It worked quite well, I just found that you need to make sure you wipe the ink off of the embossing quickly as you don't want it to dry on there. I used a Natural Beauty and Stem Silhouette stamp sets for this card. I did the background stamping using versamark and I used Black Momento Ink to stamp on the Butterfly (Momento ink will not run when you are you using alcohol inks - as water based ink will run when using alcohol inks). I distressed the brown cardstock by using the edge of my scissors to rough up the edges as well as used Rich Cocoa Momento Ink to smoosh the paper and to complete it I gave it a light spray with Sand Glimmer Mist. Another thing I found out is that Stampin Up's glossy paper works very well with alcohol inks. I believe that the card layout is from a sketch by Becky Fleck.


Hope you have a wonderful weekend,

Jessie