Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

Snow Day!

Hey there, so awhile ago I had the idea that I should make a calendar and because of the long, dull winter that I should capture one of the rarer warmer sunnier days. My daughter and her girlfriend were outside playing when I was able to capture some fun snapshots with my wonderful Christmas gift :)


I just wanted to use some non traditional holiday colors so I used these great papers from Pink Paislee - Pop Fashion Collection (also part of my vow to use up some of my existing stash). I was wanting to use a cool accent, you know the kind you always see in magazines when I quickly came to the realization that I just didn't have what I wanted soooo I made my own. I started out with 2 different sized circles and attached them together in the center with a larger sized brad (build a brad- SU) and then I just cut thin strips (making sure not to cut all the way to the center) and then gave them a slight ruffling to help add a bit more texture and voila. I also made a second coordinating page so when I want to take the calendar topper down I can just pop it into an album.



Oh, I just printed the calendar part from Microsoft Office and tore the edges to give it a more homemade feel, as well as accenting it with pearlescent chalks.



Hope you liked it and thanks so much for stopping by,

Jessie