Pages

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

What a Long Night....But well worth it



So I stayed up super late last night (3:30 am) so I could get this advent calendar finished for Kyle and Kayla this morning and although I am super tired this morning I think it was well worth it. And it made them both so happy this morning but it was a shame I was still in bed. Thank goodness for wonderful husbands who help so much.



Anyways the supplies for this advent calendar are somewhat minimal. I started with a piece of 12X12 Crafty Board, 1 sheet of Dark Berry Red Cardstock and the wonderful paper kit from MME: The Merry Days of Christmas. I also used a Black Momento Marker, some clear embossing powder and a few snowflakes I had left over from an earlier project. And I had to pick the tins up at Michael's

I started by adhering the cardstock to the craft board, I then cut 24 2.25" squares out of 3 different papers, next I punched out 24 scalloped circles and 24 smaller circles. (I wasn't thinking when I went into Edmonton that I would need a lot of the numbers on this project) so I traced some of the numbers and others I just did free hand and I did that right on the smaller circles I had punched out. Then I started gluing all the layers together, glued on all of the squares. Now it's ready to decorate. I used a few of the punch outs that come in the paper kit but I did clear emboss all of them and before I embossed the large ornament shape I stamped it with a couple of different snowflakes. Then I adhered all my extras I wanted to use. I also wrapped ribbon around each of the tins. All of the supplies I used are in stock @ www.funkedupcrafts.com, except the tins from Michael's.

So I hope that made sense and if not you can follow the link at the top of the page "My Gallery-SCS" and when you are there click on the resources and you will be able to find a complete tutorial.


Have a wonderful day,

Jessie
Posted by Picasa