Pages

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Virtual Stamp Night

Hi there, hope your weekend is good so far. I totally forgot that there was a VSN last night, but I thought I`d check out the challenge of the day and there it was and I was actually able to finish 4. And in the allotted 45 minutes per card- which is amazing for me as I kind of just putz as I go :). Anyways hope you like them.



The challenge for this card was- Bittersweet Love. We were to use a stamp set that we have bought and have not used as we don`t really care for it. The card is pretty straight forward, just stamp, cut out a couple flowers, add an eyelet and some ribbon.



This one is called- Two Hearts Beat as One. We were to use the Split Negative technique. I decided to keep the card fairly simple with only 3 colors used. I used the top note die for the chocolate chip and cameo coral paper. I added the sentiment on a piece of cameo coral that I had punched using the tag punch. Other than that I think it`s fairy self explanatory.



This challenge was called- Sketch a Little Love. We needed to use a large circle and a heart with bling. For my circle I used re-inkers and the baby wipe technique (on glossy paper). I didn`t really want my heart to be completely blinged up so I just embossed it with clear embossing powder to add some shine. Other than that I just added 3 little flowers to the heart, matted the circle and added some ribbon and a small sentiment.




This one is called- New Love. We were to use supplies that were new, that we haven`t used yet. I kind of cheated as I have had the frog images for quite some time, but the the Once Upon a Time set is definitely new. I kept this card simple. I used watercolor crayons for the coloring. I`m not quite satisfied how this one turned out, so I will probably redo it in a couple of days (I think I would pop up the large frog and not layer him on top of the sentiment).

So I hope you liked the cards and I wish you a super weekend. Thanks for stopping by,

Jessie