Pages

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Hi All!

Sorry I haven't posted in quite a few days, it's been a bout of stress, family, the weekend and a quick trip to a trade show. But I thought I should take part in a challenge to get me away from the stress part of life. This card is for the WT206 challenge- we were to use stripes on our project. So I opted for this patterned paper from SU for my stripes. I also thought the ribbon added the illusion of stripes as well.




Stamps: Living Large, Delight in Life, also a large wheel from SU (forget the name of it)
Paper: WW, Purely Pomegranate, Pink Pirouette- SU
DP: SU - retired I believe
Ink: Purely Pomegranate, Pink Pirouette- SU; Tuxedo Black- Memento; Copic Markers
Ribbon- unknown

Because I have not yet bought the scallop punch yet I used the corner rounder punch from SU to create the scalloped edge. I then layered the dp onto it. I stamped off purely pomegranate ink before I stamped the flower onto the pink pirouette paper and then steamed again before re inking the stamp. I colored the main image with copic markers, then matted the 2 pieces with purely pomegranate cs, the wrapped 3 different colors of ribbon around the larger piece before attaching the image on with dimensional s to pop it up a bit. Before I glued anything onto the WW cs I used a large wheel from SU and pink pirouette ink to make a background pattern on the card.

Hopefully that somewhat made sense.

Thanks for stopping by and take care,

Jessie