Pages

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Cherish

Hi there. So this morning I was a bit short on time and needed to make my daughter her birthday card (today was her party). I really was cutting it quite close so I wanted to keep the card sweet & simple. It has a very basic layout, not too many layers or (my favorite) fluff. I used a couple of colors from SU as well as white cardstock. I then ran the white cardstock through my big shot with an embossing folder (also SU), then put the layers together. I then decided to put more emphasis on the embossed image to add a bit of ummmph using shimmer chalks (I simply just rubbed on 2 shades of pink with the tool and pom poms that come with the Pebbles Clalks), then I used Black Momento Ink for the sentiment and coupled that with clear embossing powder, added a bit of ribbon and a button w/ some floss and voila (oh, and added 3 tiny little pearls).

Did you know that you can use Momento Inks to do heat embossing? The ink is thick enough to allow the embossing powder to stick to it and yet still nice enough to stamp any image with.

Thanks for stopping by and take care :)

Jessie